Did I say I had trouble understanding Berstein's work? I take that back. I'm reading Boneh now.
I'm reading one paper by Boneh. I have started reading it over half a year ago. I still don't really get it.
The paper is called "Finding Smooth Integers in Short Intervals Using CRT Decoding". In it, the author does the following:
- presents a new algorithm for CRT decoding
- uses it to find smooth integers in short intervals
- discusses how to apply it to the quadratic sieve method
- generalizes the CRT decoding problem
- reduces the gap between CRT and Reed-Solomin decoding.