01 February 2009

Flacs are coming!

I was just browsing 7digital and saw this:


That's an album in flac! Flas as in:

...Free Lossless Audio Codec.

Personally, I'm pretty much deaf and 256k mp3 are perfect for me. But many of my beloved ones have been blessed with a good hearing, some to the point of not tolerating any quality loss. So I'm happy for them. And I'm happy to see the market going towards better quality. And mostly, I'm happy that DRMs got their lower frequencies kicked.

An extensive search showed that this is the only flac album on 7digital so far. So that's just a start, let's see how things go, but I really like the way they're going so far.

1 comment:

  1. Foarte interesant ce ai postat.M-am uitat pe blogul tau si imi place ce am vazut chiar e frumos si interesant.Felicitari si sigur am sa mai revin!

    ReplyDelete