Yesterday, I got my laptop wet for the first time. I had a lot of luck however:
- I knew what to do, so I panicked way less than I could have (thanks anyone who did this before and kept me informed!)
- My workmates reacted quickly and helped me do the right things (thanks guys!)
- I spilled the tea next to the laptop, and not on it, so actually nothing got inside.
- I had bought cleaning foam a few hours before! Isn't it ironic?
- Disconnect the laptop fast as you can.
- Remove the battery fast as you can. No looking at the screen, no hibernating, just make sure it's off.
- Leave it to dry for 3 days.
By the way, here's a story about a laptop that has been cooked in an oven and worked afterwards.