16 January 2008

Webdesign: wavy underlined links

When I first saw the wavy border in CSS3, I was really excited and couldn't wait. But, the same applied to rounded corners. A year later, still not much CSS3 support, and rounded corners are everywhere (even here! though I didn't make these myself). By the time most people will have browsers tha support CSS3, rounded corners will be totally out. So, I decided I wouldn't wait and do wavy underlined links right now.
I used this image as a background for my links and obtained the following effect on embrion.pl:
Today, I ran across LaurenConrad.com and noticed that the same idea has been used:
Very pretty. But I wonder if this effect was intented:
I don't think the images should be underlined. Seems like someone hasn't paid attention to classes. Worse yet, no contact with the webmaster (hello usability!) and the menu uses Flash. I don't approve of Flash at all, and if you're using it for stuff that could easily be done with CSS and JavaScript and only make the site a little less fancy for users with no JS, you're dead.
Anyway, I'm going from one subject to another again, Lauren's site looks good anyway, and I was talking about wavy underlined links and how much I like them and how they were my idea (do you think echomusic copied from me?).
I wonder what the next rounded corners will be.

2 comments:

  1. A reader had to go through the interview for Web Designer / Graphic Designer position and sent in his set of questions.

    1. Whats is the difference between cellspacing and cellpadding?
    2. If a page has to be loaded over all frames in window, what should be the value of TARGET attributes?
    3. Which one of the following settlement is correct?
    1. A table cannot contain another table
    2. A Form can ve nested inside another form
    3. Which element are table cells
    4. List out tags that are support exclusively by IE and Netscape.
    5. What tags are used to embed one html page inside another html page (without using frames)?
    6. In dreamweaver what is used to apply same layout to my pages.
    7. Which HTML tag is used to define an internal style sheet?
    8. How do you define an inline style?
    (Website design India)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey, thanks for coming by and taking part in the discussion, but please keep the comments related to the post, okay?

    ReplyDelete